Thursday, August 25, 2011

Transition & Pocket Full of Love

We started back to school this week and the new routine is good, but of course an adjustment for all of us.  For the first time in 9 years all of my girls are in school, at the same school, and at the same time (for most of the day).  My youngest gets out at 11, but from 7:30 to about 10:45 I have total peace and quiet - it's odd, but I am sure I will settle in just fine!  My hope is that this time will allow the creative (and cleaning) juices to flow!

In preparation for school, my 1st grader needed some extra reassurances about a new year, new teacher, the long day, missing Mommy, etc.  I think you get the picture.  Crissy over at Crissy's Crafts { http://crissyscrafts.blogspot.com/ } came up with the sweetest way to remind her girls how much she loved them.  You can check out her tutorial here http://crissyscrafts.blogspot.com/2011/08/pocket-full-of-kisses.html

I could not do Kisses, because of our 90+ degree heat, but I did laminate a small picture of each child with my husband and I and tucked it inside the pocket.  I attached them to their backpacks.  For my 1st grader, I put in inside the outer pocket where she keeps her snack, so she can take a peek before recess. 

Here is the final result:


Front of Pockets
I grommeted the corners and added a key ring so they
could handle the rough and tumble of the backpack.

Back of Pockets


I also made one for our Godson, for his first day of preschool.  To keep it "boy" I went with his initial instead of rick-rack and something too cutsie.  Happy Crafting! 










2 comments:

  1. Aw, these are so adorable! You are very talented to come up with this!

    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share! I do appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute and Im sure your daughter just loved it!

    I would love it if you would share this and/or any other projects you have been up to at Tuesday Talent Show at Chef In Training! Plus there is a fun giveaway too! Thanks so much and I hope to see you there!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete